Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy South African Thanksgiving

Hey everyone.  Sorry it's been so long since my last post.  It seems that par for the course here is that the internet, wherever I go, is either bad, really expensive or non-existent all together.  I finally set myself up to use the internet that I get through my phone, but it's still pretty slow.  Anyway, I took a little time for myself and made a trip to the southern tip of Africa to a place called Cape Town.  I stopped at several places on the way and met a ton of people from all over the world traveling down the coast.  There is a lot of beautiful country as you head south and hopefully I'll be able to post my pics of it on my Facebook soon.  It's interesting to see the economic changes the further south you travel in this country.  The closer to Cape Town that I got the more modern and European everything becomes.  There seems to be more agriculture and more wealth in the bigger cities, but there is still the problems of abject poverty outside of the city limits and in certain parts of the cities.  I've since made it back to White River and have been hanging out with the staff here and spend some time helping with the feeding programs in the villages.  It's been a good trip and I've both heard several things from God and been given more questions at the same time.  Most of us here on the base are American and so we decided to have us a Thanksgiving African style.  No turkeys aided in the feedings this year for us but we had a good time in fellowship and watching some American football (For once it came on at a decent hour).  Anyway, that's pretty much what's been going on around here.  I'll have plenty more stories for everyone when I make it back.  Be checking my Facebook for pics and everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment